Covid-19: Information on the current situation
the current situation is a challenge for all of us. Most of the travel warnings for European countries have now been lifted and you can travel again - by the way, in a holiday home more secure than with any other type of holiday! Unfortunately, as a result of the trips canceled in the spring due to Covid-19, we still have a very high volume of e-mails, which is why there can sometimes be significantly longer waiting times for answering queries than you are used to from us.
Due to the high volume of e-mails, we are currently only reachable by phone to a limited extent. You can reach our customer service at +49 211 668878130 Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 12:00 (CET).
We want to give you the answers to the most frequently asked questions on this page so that you do not have to write us an email and have to wait a long time for an answer.
KEY INFORMATIONS PRELIMINARY:
- New bookings are possible without any problems. Simply book your desired holiday accommodation on our website and inform yourself in advance for any questions about your travel destination. Link tip: On the website https://reopen.europa.eu/en the European Union provides information on the travel regulations of the individual Member States on an ongoing basis.
- If you want to redeem a voucher, simply book the desired holiday accommodation on our website and enter the voucher code in the comment field when booking. The reimbursement will then be charged by us or – if the payment of the new booking is made directly to the provider – refunded by us.
- Already booked trips for the summer will take place as planned. Free cancellations are not possible without official travel warnings. Free cancellations are not possible without an official ban on accommodation at your destination (see below for more information).
- For bookings made after March 15th, 2020, no more free cancellations or rebookings will be requested from the providers, because every citizen in Europe since then knew the extent of the global corona pandemic through the communication of official bodies and media reportings. A travel booking after this date is therefore a consciously accepted risk.
- Likewise, the requirements of individual countries (e.g. registering via a form or submitting a current Covid 19 test on entry) do not constitute a reason for a free cancellation. More detailed information - also in the event that you feel insecure and would like to cancel in accordance with the provider's general terms and conditions - can be found below.
- The trips from spring that have been canceled and / or rebooked due to Covid-19 are gradually processed by us. Unfortunately, very long waiting times are unavoidable and can sometimes be up to eight weeks. We ask for your patience and will contact you in any case. See below for more information.
- All customers who have booked with us from one of the following providers should contact the provider directly for all queries: TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances, Frosch Ferienhaus, Sol og Strand, Interholiday. Our customer service can unfortunately not help you with these bookings.
- On this page we will keep you informed about current changes. Further information on developments and the measures taken to prevent further spread of the coronavirus can be found on the websites of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Federal Foreign Office, the European Union, the Robert Koch Institute or the Federal Centre for Health Education.
Your atraveo team
1. Can I withdraw from my upcoming booking free of charge?
Free cancellations due to Covid-19 are generally not possible. Holiday home booking are an individual service and no packeged tour.Bookings for countries for which there is no travel ban or no accommodation ban take place as planned. This applies in particular to bookings that have been made since March 15, 2020 since the extent of the global corona pandemic has been sufficiently known by the communication from official authorities and media reporting since then, at the latest. A travel booking after this date is therefore a consciously accepted risk.
A free cancellation or rebooking is only possible for trips to countries for which there is an official travel ban by the Federal Foreign Office, a general ban on accommodation, which also includes holiday homes and apartments, or a mandatory quarantine of several weeks when entering the vacation country to inquire with the respective provider. However, there is no guarantee of free cancellation and must be clarified in individual cases with the provider who is the contractual partner of the booking. Please also note the following section 2.
Trips to any other countries cannot be cancelled free of charge. From the provider's point of view, it is decisive whether the accommodation can be provided as such and this is currently the case in almost all European travel countries. Obstacles on arrival, personal discomfort or a possible mandatory quarantine in the home country after returning from the holiday country are risks outside the responsibility of the provider and are not a reason for a free cancellation.
Likewise, the latest entry requirements for individual countries (e.g. registration via a form or submission of a current Covid 19 test) do not constitute a reason for a free cancellation! Before you arrive, please inquire about any requirements that may apply to your travel destination. For example the European Union provides up-to-date information on the travel regulations of the individual Member States on the website https://reopen.europa.eu/en. Further helpful information can be found on the websites of the respective tourist offices.
If you feel insecure about your upcoming trip or if for various reasons you are unable to travel to the booked accommodation, you have the option at this time to cancel the trip yourself in accordance with the provider's general terms and conditions. You will find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your property number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation scales. If you would like to cancel your trip yourself, please write an email with the word "Cancellation" plus your request number in the subject to email@example.com. By doing this, you ensure that your cancellation request is always reached in good time and processed by us.
2. What happens if there is a travel warning or I cannot get to my holiday home?
If it is not possible to travel to your booked holiday accommodation due to an official travel ban or official entry restrictions in the holiday region, a free cancellation can be requested from the provider. Since a holiday home booking is an individual service and no packaged tour, there is no general obligation on the part of the provider to cancel free of charge, as long as there is no general prohibition of accommodation in the travel destination, which also includes holiday homes and holiday apartments. It is always decisive whether the accommodation can be provided as such or not.
In any case, the cancellation must always be carried out by the provider and must be confirmed by the provider. As a mediation platform, atraveo brings vacationers and owners together, regulates communication and, in most cases, payment, but is not a tour operator and therefore cannot proactively cancel bookings on its own. We are obliged to adhere to the contracts with the owners and must first consult them whenever we request a cancellation. If there is an official travel warning, our recommendation to the respective provider is of course to decide in the interest of the customer and agree to a free cancellation. If necessary, we will make this demand heard.
For a cancellation rerquest due to a travel warning or accomodation ban please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or incase it is a booking with one of these providers TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances, Frosch Ferienhaus , Sol og Strand, Interchalet, who carry out the payment processing and communication themselves, directly the provider (see contact details below).
Please understand that due to the numerous cancellations and rebookings during the travel bans in the spring, many providers now rigorously insist on booked stays and that we generally do not request any free cancellations from goodwill for all bookings made after March 15, 2020. Since then at the latest, it can be assumed that every citizen in Europe has been sufficiently aware of the extent of the global corona pandemic through the communication of official authorities and media reporting. A travel booking after this date is therefore a consciously accepted risk. All customers who have booked after March 15th and do not want or cannot start their trip, we offer the possibility to cancel according to the general terms and conditions of the provider of your holiday accommodation. You can find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your property number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation scales.
3. I've been waiting for an answer from you for a long time? Did you forget me?
Even if you have been waiting for a response from us for a long time, please be assured that we will not forget anyone and that everything will be processed. Especially because we - as described in the previous section - have to take care of almost every booking / cancellation individually and have to consult with the providersowners, there are sometimes considerable waiting times during processing. Unfortunately, waiting times of several weeks are possible in some cases. Of course, this circumstance in no way meets the demands that we have of ourselves and our service promise - in the current situation, unfortunately, it is not otherwise possible. We have now reacted to this and put together a team internally that only deals with cancellations. We hope that this will significantly speed up the process in the coming days and process cancellations more effectively.
A few important notes for customers who have contacted us and are waiting for an answer:
- If you have canceled your booking in accordance with the scale of the cancellation costs, the time at which you informed us of the cancellation request applies. Even if our answer is still pending, there is no danger that you will slip into a higher cancellation scale.
- If you have already contacted the provider yourself, agreed with him on the cancellation and all that is missing now is confirmation and reimbursement from us, please be patient. In this case, we ideally already have the cancellation request from you and the cancellation confirmation on the part of the provider in the system and have simply not yet come to your booking in the chronological processing of all open processes.
- If you have contacted us about a completely different matter about your future booking (e.g. question about equipment, subsequent booking of a certain service), we will definitely take care of your questions and requests. Our focus is currently on upcoming arrivals, which is why there are longer waiting times for bookings for late summer, autumn or winter. In many cases, most of the questions can also be answered by the travel documents, which are usually sent to you two weeks before arrival.
- Our big request to make it as easy as possible for us and other holidaymakers who are also waiting for an answer: Please refrain from further inquiries by e-mail if you are already waiting for an answer from us. No email will be forgotten and it is enough to contact us once about a matter. Processes are not automatically accelerated by further e-mails, since we are guided by e-mails received first as well as upcoming arrivals.
4. Where can I find an overview of the cancellation costs / the general terms and conditions?
You will find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your object number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation scales.
5. Do I still have to make my final payment, even if it is uncertain whether I can travel?
Since your journey is still far in the future and therefore currently not affected by the official measures for travel restrictions, your final payment must be made in any case. Should there be a cancellation according to the general terms and conditions of the provider at a later date, we will of course refund the difference.
6. What about bookings in autumn or winter 2020?
According to the current status, all bookings take place. However, you have the option to cancel the booking yourself at this time in accordance with the general terms and conditions of the provider. You can find an overview of the cancellation costs in the last booking step on our website. Please enter your property number in the search and click through to the booking order. There you will find the general terms and conditions of the provider with the corresponding cancellation fees. If you want to cancel, let us know your cancellation request by email.
7. Can I redeem my TUI voucher at atraveo or TUI Villas?
Travel vouchers from TUI Deutschland GmbH and other TUI companies cannot be redeemed for a holiday home booking with atraveo or TUI Villas. Accordingly vouchers from TUI Ferienhaus (Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG) can only be redeemed directly at TUI Ferienhaus.
Here you will find informations and contact details for the tour operators TUI Ferienhaus, Interchalet, Interhome, Novasol, dansommer, Belvilla, Center Parcs, Pierre et Vacances,Frosch Ferienhaus, Sol og Strand, Interholiday. If you have booked a holiday home via us from one of these providers, please contact the respective provider directly for questions and requests. Our customer service cannot help you, as these providers take care of payment processing and travel arrangements themselves and we have no insight into their systems. We strive to keep the most important information of the individual providers up to date; but please also check the providers' websites to see if there is a more current status. For questions about bookings with a provider other than the above mentioned, our customer service is your contact.
TUI Ferienhaus (tour operator properties marked with TUI Smile)
TUI Ferienhaus / Wolters Reisen
Please note that TUI Ferienhaus is the tour operator product of Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG, a subsidiary of Wolters Reisen GmbH. The information below applies only to accommodations from the portfolio of TUI Ferienhaus / Wolters Ferienhaus HH GmbH & Co KG. On tuivillas.com and atraveo.com, these accommodations are marked with the TUI smile. For all other accommodations brokered by TUI Villas, the information and terms and conditions of the respective provider apply.
[Status 07-08-2020, 11:00 a.m.] Latest information:
Basically, you can travel to almost all travel destinations again.
In these countries, trips take place as planned:
Germany Netherlands, Austria, Italy, France, Poland, Croatia, Denmark, Iceland, Greece, Cyprus, Portugal, England, Sweden, Norway.
- Restriction Spain: Due to the current travel warning for the three Spanish regions Aragon, Catalonia and Navarra, we cancel all trips up to and including 17.08 for these regions. We will contact you proactively, even in the event of changes. We kindly ask you to refrain from asking about the situation.
- TUI Ferienhaus cancels all arrivals to the USA up to and including July 31, 2020.
- For Ireland, TUI Ferienhaus is canceling all arrivals until August 23rd, 2020 due to the restrictions.
- Special entry regulations currently apply to some countries and regions. Travel to these countries can take place as planned. The entry regulations of the individual countries do not constitute a free rebooking or cancellation reason!
- Iceland: From July 16, entry from Germany will be possible again without a COVID-19 test if the traveler has not been in a high-risk area 14 days before leaving for Iceland. You can find more detailed information here. Before entering Iceland, registration at https://visit.covid.is/ is required
- According to the current entry regulations for Greece, entry is only permitted if the Greek authorities have an electronic entry form at least 24 hours in advance.
A QR code assigned above must be shown upon entry. If a code cannot be shown, a fine of € 500 is possible. You can find this form here: travel.gov.gr. The Greek Government is aware of technical problems and is working on a solution. A service number has been set up: 0030 215 560 5151.
Upon arrival in Greece, free corona tests are carried out selectively. Until the test results are available, the Greek authorities recommend paying attention to "social distancing" 24 hours a day and complying with the distance rules.
- According to the current entry requirements for Cyprus, travelers must register online at cyprusflightpass.gov.cy before departure and also fill in a form to receive a Cyprus Flight Pass. The "Flight Pass" must be printed out and carried with you during the flight. A fine of € 300 is possible if the form cannot be shown. It will be made available at the flight counter. On arrival in Cyprus, temperature measurement is to be expected, and travelers can also carry out corona tests at random.
According to the current entry requirements for Ireland, travelers are required to fill out a form before or upon entry. The form can be downloaded from https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ab900-covid-19-habenger-locator-form/.
- For Madeira arrivals are possible since July 1st. A health declaration is currently required for entry into Madeira (including Porto Santo) between 48 and 12 hours before departure (e.g. via the website of the respective airline or via: apps.iasaude.pt/s-alerta/questionarios/viagem/). Furthermore, a negative COVID-19 test is currently to be submitted, which was carried out no longer than 72 hours before departure. Alternatively, a COVID-19 test must be carried out on arrival at the airport (result within approx. 12 hours).
- For the Azores, arrivals are possible from July 19. A statement is currently to be made on arrival in the Azores (multilingual information: covid19.azores.gov.pt). In addition, a negative COVID-19 test must be submitted for entry into the Azores, which was carried out no longer than 72 hours before departure. Alternatively, a COVID-19 test must be carried out upon arrival at the airport (with prophylactic self-isolation until the negative test result is presented). A negative COVID-19 test result is also required for the onward journey to another Azores island. For stays of more than 7 days in the Azores, a further COVID-19 test is mandatory on the 6th day of the stay (responsible: health authority at the place of residence).
- For Spain, entries have been made possible since July 1st again, but the following requirements apply: According to a resolution of the Spanish government, air travelers must always fill out a form on the Spain Travel Health portal (https://www.spth.gob.es/) for health control that generates a QR code which must be presented upon entry. This can also be done via the free Spain Travel Health app. Until July 31, 2020, a paper form can still be completed upon entry. The following link applies to holidaymakers who do not arrive by plane: www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php
According to the specified arrival dates for the individual travel countries, the rebooking and cancellation conditions specified in your travel contract apply from this point in time. For your information: In some cases, the remaining payments will be collected at a slightly shorter time than agreed.
Please note that it is your responsibility as a traveler to find out whether you are allowed to enter certain countries or regions before starting your journey. Please also inform yourself about the possible and existing measures and requirements that must be complied with in the respective travel destination. Information on this can be found on the portals of the state governments, your embassy or consulate, or you can also follow the media, as the regulations on travel and tourism can change.
Our team is working flat out to deal with customer inquiries as quickly as possible and to meet our high service standards. We ask for your understanding that there may still be delays due to the large volume of processes to be processed.
Daily updated information: https://www.tui-ferienhaus.de/aktuelle-reisehinweise.html
Interchalet & Interhome
[Status 05-08-2020, 1:30 p.m.] Latest information:
"The majority of European borders are open up again. The current mandatory quarantine requirements for travel to a destination, as well as the return to the country of residence, remains a dynamic and ongoing process. Requirements and regulations that have been determined by national and international governments and health authorities still, of course, have to be met. The Holiday Home Division is therefore following the present situation closely and is in contact with the responsible authorities and agencies on-site. We will immediately update this site if the situation changes. Please note that the regulations of individual countries or regions can change very quickly at the moment.
If a journey cannot be taken due to an active travel warning, the booking will be cancelled free of charge. If the destination or the country of residence is listed as a region at risk and an obligatory quarantine imposed, each booking will be examined individually. Therefore, we kindly ask for your understanding should any delay occur due to the high number of customer requests at this time."
More information on the individual countries here: www.hhd.group/en/coronavirus
[Status 05-08-2020, 11:00 a.m.] Latest information:
"Due to the global pandemic of Covid-19 unforeseen changes in the regulations governing international travel have come into force. We understand very well that you have questions about your booked holiday home. Of course we would like to help you and provide clarity. Our customer service is currently flooded with questions, so answers by phone, email or social media unfortunately take longer than you are used to from us, for which we apologize.
To help you the best we can, we have compiled the most frequently asked questions about Covid-19 and your booking below. We hope this will give you more clarity. If you still have (additional) questions, please reach out to our Customer Service team. Thank you for your understanding.
We recommend that you keep abreast of the World Health Organization's guidelines and act accordingly."
All information: www.belvilla.com/service/faq
Center Parcs & Pierre et Vacances
[Status 05-08-2020, 4:15 p.m.] Latest information:
All Center Parcs holiday parks have now reopened.
All information - including vouchers and refunds - on:
[Status 05-08-2020, 5:00 p.m.]
"Dear holiday home guests,
We are currently only reachable by phone at limited times. We therefore recommend that you contact us by email at email@example.com."
Information on individual travel destinations:
Sol og Strand/Sonne und Strand
[Status 07-07-2020, 2:00 p.m.]
All information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found at:
Novasol / dansommer
[Status 07-07-2020, 12:00 a.m.]
Information on rebooking and cancellation due to Covid-19 can be found in the FAQ on the Novasol website: www.novasol.de/faq
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org bzw. email@example.com
[Status 07-07-2020, 12:00 a.m.]
Contact by phone: 030-31196633 or via the contact form.
Further information on the website: www.holiday-home.de/
Disclaimer: Please note that the information on this page has been compiled to the best of our knowledge and we always endeavor to keep it up to date. Nevertheless, Wolters Reisen GmbH assumes no guarantee and liability for the accuracy of the information and the content of the linked websites. If in doubt, please inform yourself.